| Apr 04, 2011
For complete details see Federal Register March 25, 2011 http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2011/pdf/2011-7128.pdf
Deadline for Applications: May 17, 2011.
To provide grants for or to enter into cooperative agreements to improve postsecondary
education opportunities by focusing on problem areas or improvement approaches in postsecondary education.
• supporting the formation of educational consortia of United States (U.S.), Canadian, and Mexican institutions.
• developing cooperative bilateral arrangements, crafting inter-institutional bilateral Memorandums of Understanding, student recruitment and selection strategies, student language and preparation requirements, tuition reciprocity agreements, student fees, curriculum development, student credit transfer and/or recognition, and financial sustainability.
• encourages applications from consortia that include community colleges or minority-serving institutions eligible for assistance under part A or B of title III or under title V of the HEA
Estimated Range of Awards:
• $30,000– $50,000 for first year; $90,000– $180,000 for the duration of the grant.
• Estimated Number of Awards: 9-10
: IHEs or combinations of IHEs and other public
and private nonprofit institutions and agencies.
Address to Request Application Package:
ED Pubs, U.S. Department of Education,
P.O. Box 22207,
Alexandria, VA 22304.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy Wilson, International and Foreign Language Education Programs,
U.S. Department of Education,
Program for North American Mobility in Higher Education,
1990 K Street, NW., Room 6082,
Washington, DC 20006–8544.