Teaching Phonics Today
Word Study Strategies Through the Grades
Dorothy S. Strickland
Leading literacy expert Dorothy Strickland shows you how phonics instruction has evolved over the years—and guides you toward making phonics a key component of your students’ reading development with…
- Practical ideas for integrating phonics, word study, and conventional spelling in your classroom
- Proven strategies for differentiating instruction to prevent reading difficulties, specifically with English language learners
- New ways to support children who struggle with reading beyond the early grades
- Realistic suggestions for curriculum development, assessment, and articulating the phonics program to parents and the community
- “Ideas to Think and Talk About,” designed for use by both pre- and inservice teachers, to extend personal learning
Written as a primer for educators, Teaching Phonics Today is just as appropriate in a teacher education course as it is for a book study group, offering a contemporary look at phonics instruction, updated terminology and research, and instructional implications in light of current education initiatives.
© 2011 | 112 pp.
ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-827-7