Practical Literacy Coaching
A Collection of Tools to Support Your Work
Jan Miller Burkins
More about the author
From the author of Coaching for Balance comes this invaluable resource of tools for literacy coaches.
Based on her work as a literacy coach and an instructional coach, author Jan Miller Burkins found that her colleagues were inventing and reinventing the same tools. It is this overlap that led Burkins to compile this collection of resources. Because effective literacy coaching demands competence across many levels of interaction with people and expertise in areas from communication to technology to literacy research, the tools and resources in this collection are diverse. The tools are grouped as follows—but their applications are limitless:
- Tools for defining and clarifying your role
- Tools for stepping into the work of coaching
- Tools for stretching yourself
- Tools for developing and supporting learning communities
- Tools for coaching individual teachers
- Tools for documenting your work, managing your time
© 2009 | 176 pp.
ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-473-6
Copublished with Corwin Press