For complete details see Federal Register March 18, 2011 http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2011/pdf/2011-6459.pdf Deadline for Applications: May 9, 2011. Some Priorities:
Estimated Range of Awards:
- Activities to improve classroom instruction for English Learners (ELs) to assist educational personnel working with such children to meet high professional standards
- For pre-service professional development programs that will assist local schools and institutions of higher education (IHEs) to upgrade educational personnel who are not certified or licensed
- For the development of program Curricula
- Enabling More Data-Based Decision-Making.
- Improving preparation of all teachers to better serve English learners.
- Collaborating with local educational agencies on professional development to improve the ability of teacher preparation faculty and content faculty at IHEs in preparing prospective teachers to teach ELs;
- $275,000–$400,000 per year, for each
- Estimated Number of Awards: 53.
Eligible Applicants: IHEs in consortia with LEAs and SEAs Address to Request Application Package:
U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., Room 5C138
Washington, DC 20202–6510