© 2012 | ISBN 13: 978-0-87207-479-8
IRA Members: $19.95 | Nonmembers: $24.95
© 2012 International Reading Association. All rights reserved.
Veteran teacher, leader, and author Regie Routman has written a wise, practical, and inspirational guidebook for today's K—12 educators. While each lesson stands on its own and can be read in any order, taken together the lessons create a compelling and comprehensive portrait of the expert practitioner.
Written in a personal and easy-to-access style, the literacy and learning stories are engaging and encouraging. The multitude of explicit strategies, mindful actions, and useful ideas support highly effective instruction and assessment in diverse classrooms and schools.
Learn How To
- Teach reading and writing with authenticity and depth
- Thoughtfully implement the latest standards
- Apply an optimal learning model across the curriculum
- Skillfully respond to the needs, interests, and backgrounds of all students
- Develop a thriving, trusting, and collaborative school culture
Whether you are an experienced teacher, principal, or coach or are just starting out, you will find the 100 literacy and learning lessons an invaluable resource for energizing your teaching and learning and raising achievement and enjoyment.